“Brecciated” comes from “breccia”—a geology term used to describe broken rock fragments cemented together by Mother Nature into a fine-grained matrix. Natural Brecciated jasper is created when the earth melds sharp-angled fragments of stone together. Think of it like a mosaic of various colored stones – in this case a vivid red, soft black and gray, with a touch of pale yellow and white quartz. Because of the translucent quartz, some brecciated jasper is sometimes called brecciated jasper-agate. The Jasper components are opaque and Agate components are translucent. The red color in Miriam’s stones likely come from an iron compound mixed into the rock fragments or matrix. Some of the photos show both the front and back of these reversible stones—and every stone is amazing and reversible!
· –Full length of the necklace is approximately 20.5 inches, including the decorative Hammered Sterling Silver clasp.
· –The trapezoid Pendant is 32mm at the top, 40mm at the bottom, 51mm long, and 10mm thick.
· – Medium trapezoid stones are 25mm at the top, 30mm at the bottom, 40mm long, and 9mm thick.
· – Smaller trapezoid stones are18mm at the top, 20mm at the bottom, 30mm long, and 8mm thick.
· –Two small rectangular stones are 12x20mm.
· – Round stones and rondelles are 6.5mm.
· –Sterling Silver accent beads are approximately 9x16mm.
· – Antiqued Sterling Silver saucers are approximately 3.5mm
Matching earrings are available by special order only – and only with purchase of the necklace. Contact Miriam for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a different style in a Black or Gray Gemstone necklace? Click here to see all Miriam’s current designs. Or contact her for a custom design.
Jasper is found all over the world including deposits in the United States, Egypt, Brazil, Australia, India, Canada, Russia, Uruguay, Madagascar and Kazakhstan. Miriam does not know the origin of the stones she used for this necklace.
No more offers for this product!
Shipping free within the continental United States.