How to photograph the product
- Use natural light and no flash.
- Include a familiar object for scale.
- Show the item being held, worn, or used.
- Shoot against a clean, simple background.
- If you are selling a third-party product, feel free to use the graphics already provided.
- You don’t need to have a professional camera, but understand your smartphone’s camera settings!
- Smartphone cameras have lots of options (i.e., portrait mode)
- Wipe off the camera lens!
- Composition Matters
- Follow the rule of thirds
- Change up the angle (instead of capturing your subject straight on, try from a lower or higher angle to see what that produces)
- Get different versions (Horizontal & Vertical)
How to remove metadata from images
What is metadata? Photo metadata is information that is stored in a file that is not typically visible to the end-user.
It is not required to remove metadata from your photos you upload; however, there may be information attached you may not want to be public. Remember that both iOS and Android have different third party apps you can download, but here are steps for each device if you would like to do it yourself.
- Locate the photo you wish to alter
- Right-click it
- From the popup window, select ‘Properties.’
- A window will open. Click the ‘Details’ tab at the top of the window.
- From there, you’ll see a list containing attributes such as name, date, size, and more. Click under the ‘Value’ portion of the elements.
- The editable data will allow you to type in or delete whatever you want and replace the old information.
- Click ‘OK’
- Open the photo using ‘Preview.’
- Go to ‘Tools’ in your menu
- Select ‘Show Inspector’
- Select the (i) tab
- Click the ‘Exif’ tab and remove the data.
- Open the ‘Photos’ app
- Select the intended photo
- Click ‘Share’
- Select ‘ViewExif’
- Click ‘Share’
- Save the photo ‘Without Metadata’
- Open the ‘Gallery’ app
- Select the intended image and click ‘More.’
- Click ‘Details’
- Select ‘Edit’
- Click the ‘-’ symbol next to details you wish to delete